Installation And Servicing Of Your Fire Alarm
Fire Alarms represent your first line of defence in the event of an incident. The necessity to identify a fire before it takes hold, evacuate the building, and alert the emergency services without delay is critical in ensuring that lives are not needlessly put at risk, nor premises damaged to a significant extent.
Not only does is make good commercial sense to install a fire alarm, it is a regulatory requirement in most premises, as detailed in The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. By law, all fire alarms must be installed and serviced to BS5839 standards, and suitable certification provided as evidence that the work was completed by a competent and qualified engineer, such as the engineers employed by FireCare.
FireCare can provide you with a wide array of fire alarm systems suitable for your building and budget, as well as regular maintenance and repairs as required by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO). While we understand that the safety of your people and premises will be your primary concern, we also appreciate that you have a commercial commitment to ensure value for money, and therefore that the cost of equipment and installation will be a significant factor in deciding upon a provider and alarm type.
With this in mind, FireCare specialise in four types of fire alarm, which vary in functionality and budget:
- Conventional fire alarms – these basic, entry-level alarms are recommended for smaller offices, motels/smaller hotels, warehouses, storefronts, etc.
- Twin wire fire alarms – the ‘big brother’ of the conventional alarm, functioning according to detection zones. These alarms have the added benefit of incorporating sound alerts on the same circuit, meaning that no additional wires are necessary.
- Addressable fire alarms – these more intricate systems are capable of transmitting data which communicates the exact position of any potential fire, and are best suited to larger office buildings, hotels, manufacturing centres, etc.
- Wireless fire alarms – these alarms are a variant of the addressable solution, operating on the same basic principle but with the added benefit of not requiring wires and cables. This makes them a great alternative for locations with several buildings in close proximity, or structures where you cannot implement wiring.
Are you unsure which fire alarm will best suit your organisation’s buildings and budget?
– Click here to obtain your FREE handy hints guide to Fire Alarms
Fifteen Minutes to Fire Safety – OUR FREE HEALTHCHECK
Can you spare just 15 minutes to ensure the safety of your premises and staff? More pertinently, can you afford not to? In the time it takes you to drink a cup of coffee, we will advise whether your business is compliant with current fire safety legislation, and recommend ways in which you could make savings – including which alarms will best suit your buildings and budget. There’s no charge, and no obligation to use FireCare – we will simply give you the benefit of our unbiased, expert advice, so that you can make informed decisions which protect your business. Contact us today to arrange your Healthcheck.